RE: draft-santesson-tls-ume Last Call comment

2006-03-21 11:10:17
At 11:06 AM 3/21/2006, Stefan Santesson wrote:
Kurt,

I've spent some time over this topic with Russ Housley and Paul Hoffman
here at the IETF and the conclusion is that we should not specify any
granular encoding or matching rules for the hints.

The client's use of the name hint requires the client to know its
account name and as such the client will also know in what form the
server needs it.

What about character set/encoding?

- Kurt

The client should never send the name hint in a way where the server
needs to process it in order to map the hint to an account.

There reference will be fixed (or removed).

Stefan Santesson
Program Manager, Standards Liaison
Windows Security