RE: Jabber chats (was: 2 hour meetings)

2006-03-24 09:50:42

From: Tim Chown [mailto:tjc(_at_)ecs(_dot_)soton(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk]

Well, if we make remote participation too good, we may end up
with rather empty meeting rooms and a bankrupt IETF ;)

What we should do, given the rush of work that happens pre-ID
cutoff, is maybe look at such technology for interim
meetings, and have the IETF support some infrastructure to
help interim meetings run more
effectively, maybe even without a physical meeting venue.   Some WGs
might then run more interim virtual meetings and help
distribute the workload over the year more smoothly.

You mean like holding a bi-weekly teleconference?

VOIP is getting to the point where this is practical.