Re: Jabber chats (was: 2 hour meetings)

2006-03-24 10:12:54
On 03/24/06 at 5:00pm -0000, Stig Venaas
<stig(_dot_)venaas(_at_)uninett(_dot_)no> wrote:

Personally I find jabber (and similar technologies) much more convenient
than voice. I've used that a few times with a small group of people to
discuss and solve technical problems. I feel it allows more interactive
discussions and is also easier non-native English speakers,

I think using the wg jabber rooms we got for regular discussions of
specific issues is a great idea.

I would wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.  And in my mind, that
brings up a related question:

Can anyone affirmatively state whether rooms.jabber.ietf.org will remain
up between meetings?  If the plan is to take it down, I would lobby for
re-consideration...

-Scott