Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

2006-03-24 12:55:36
From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]

I think that Dave's message reflects a common frustration in
IETF that we talk a lot about particular problems and never
seem to do anything about them.

Quite so, which is why most of us feel that there should be a strong bias in
favor of action and experimentation rather than inertia and analysis.

I hope you're wrong about that, because this is supposed to be an
engineering organization.  It is infeasible to determine by
experimentation how well a protocol will work at Internet scale.

Keith