Re: technical tutorials

2006-03-27 02:03:37
Excuse front-posting but this will be short.

The EDU team discussed this very issue with the IAOC
in Dallas. There will be a draft revised charter for EDU
out for comment soon, but the short version is that (for
the reasons John gives) EDU will stick to classes aimed
at the IETF's own functioning. That doesn't exclude all
tecnical material, but as BCP 101 says, we don't
do fund-raising ourselves.

We do have a friendly fund-raising body, the ISOC. If full scale
technical tutorials are to be sold, ISOC should be the vehicle.

    Brian

John C Klensin wrote:
--On Sunday, 26 March, 2006 14:50 +0200 "Romascanu, Dan