Re: IPv6 vs. Stupid NAT tricks: false dichotomy? (Was: Re:StupidNAT tricks and how to stop them.)

2006-03-28 20:43:44
Hallam-Baker, Phillip writes:

My point was that even if we do run out of /64s at some point the
last few remaining /64s can be made to go one heck of a long way.

So the address space will ultimately be managed in crisis mode,
because it was so badly mismanaged to begin with.  Why does that sound
familiar.

Even if we do eventually exhaust the address space we can fix up the
problems easily enough at the internetwork level.

Why not just do things right to begin with?