Re: IPv6 vs. Stupid NAT tricks: false dichotomy? (Was: Re: StupidNAT tricks and how to stop them.)

2006-03-28 20:48:45
Joel Jaeggli writes:

I find it interesting that our vision is frequently so short-sighted that
we can't even envision in the course of an arguement the applications that
are possible today let alone the ones that people will want in the future.

And one consequence of this is that we cannot possibly know today how
to allocate address for the future, which is another reason why
address spaces are exhausted to quickly, no matter how many bits they
contain.  And this in turn is why IPv6 won't last.