Re: Why DNS sucks for referrals (was Re: Stupid NAT tricks and how to stop them.)

2006-03-29 14:05:00
Francois Menard wrote:

Are you saying that ENUM is a dead end?

F.

--
francois(_at_)menards(_dot_)ca
819 692 1383

ENUM is a dead born child.

ENUM is supposed to be good for VoIP. Well, I do have VoIP but my VoIP
does work allthough ENUM does not. My router could use ENUM - but which
one should I ask, "e164.arpa" or "e164.org"?

Neither of them does know any of my phone numbers.

<cynikal>
I am told I could buy the domain that corresponds to one of my phone
numbers but I would have to bring in a birth certificate of both me
and my landlord to proove legal ownership of that phone number. The
gouvernement of germany would hold an election about the matter and
if everything was allright I might put my phone number on my tombstone
finally.
</cynikal>

In the meantime you can call me on

If your VoIP provider talks to sipgate.de

+49(6252)750-308

If your phone allows to do that

sip:1887188(_at_)sipgate(_dot_)de

or via no-ip.com dynamic DNS

sip:1887188(_at_)echnaton(_dot_)serveftp(_dot_)com

Please allow for my local time. It is Québéc + 6 hours
or Paris time :)

<cynikal>
I guess, right now ENUM could not do that no-ip.com trick.
I would have to ask parliament every time my ip changed,
to update my A record.
</cynikal>

Hope I was not too cynical.

Kind regards