Re: [narten(_at_)us(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com: PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN]

2006-04-26 05:37:31
Tony Hain wrote:

If a bof were proposed on the topic, would it be turned down as out of scope
and in conflict with the currently stated solution in shim6?

I'm not sure what exact BOF proposal you had in mind, but
the existence of Shim6 WG should not prevent further
discussion. I at least do not take it for granted that Shim6
solves ALL our needs in this space. For instance, it could be that
we need more than one solution for the continuum that
starts from large organizations and continues through
medium and small size organizations to homes and
hosts. Shim6 looks like a very promising solution
for some parts of this continuum, but it is up for
discussion whether something else is needed too.
(Assuming we have a credible proposal for that
"something else", of course -- some of these problems
are very hard.)

--Jari