Re: Fwd: TLS authorizations draft

2006-05-22 13:08:15
At 10:16 AM -0400 5/18/06, Russ Housley wrote:
I received this note from Angelos Keromytis regarding the draft-housley-tls-authz-extns document. I plan to accommodate this request unless someone raises an objection.

Russ

OK, I'll object :-).

KeyNote has no IETF status, to the best of my knowledge. It is closely aligned with the SDSI/SPKI work for which the IETF created a WG, but ultimately rejected as a standards track effort. So, I find it inappropriate to extend this standards track document to include support for a technology that, via a tenuous link, never made it to standards track status in the IETF.

Steve