RE: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

2006-05-22 12:48:56
FWIW - if this is the case, this policy is in the disadvantage of the
participants coming from out of North America for both IEEE and IETF
meetings. We shall be obliged to do two trips instead of one which
doubles airfare costs and requires from us to at least one supplemental
weekend on the road. Having the IEEE and IETF meetings scheduled in
consecutive weeks is more convenient.

Dan

  _____

        From: Black_David(_at_)emc(_dot_)com
[mailto:Black_David(_at_)emc(_dot_)com]
        Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 4:23 AM
        To: rpelletier(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org
        Cc: wgchairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; iab(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
        Subject: RE: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting
Calendar

        Ray,

        Let me check that I understand your answer - it sounds like
you're keeping
        a 1-week buffer clear on both sides of IEEE 802, so that a
November IEEE
        802 meeting makes it impossible for IETF to meet in November as
the
        IEEE week plus the 1-week before and after buffers take out the
entire
        available portion of November (the US Thanksgiving holiday
weekend takes
        out the rest of the month).  Did I understand that correctly?
It strikes
        me as excessive.

        I can understand October being sufficiently early as to cause
other
        problems.

        Thanks for taking another look,
        --David
        David L. Black, Senior Technologist
        +1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
        black_david(_at_)emc(_dot_)com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754

  _____