Re: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

2006-05-18 17:55:54

Black_David(_at_)emc(_dot_)com wrote:

Ray,

Looking at the 2007 and 2008 dates on events.cal, it looks
like ANSI T10 (SCSI) is the primary conflict for the first week
of November, and ANSI T11 (Fibre Channel) is the primary conflict
for the first week of December.  The currently proposed schedule
is first week of December for the 3rd IETF meeting each year, and
hence hits T11 every year.  Would it be possible to alternate
between the first week of November and the first week of December
in successive years so that each of T10 and T11 only gets hit
every other year, or are there other considerations that favor
December over November?
David, I'll take a fresh look at it, but it's kind of hard to avoid conflicts with T10 and T11 "Should Avoid" meetings when there are 6 of each scheduled in 2008. The greatest pressure on December meetings is our need to avoid conflicts by one week with "Must Avoids" like IEEE in November, forcing us into December or October meeting considerations. December is not my first choice. October puts spacing pressure back to the beginning of the year. Again, I'll look at it, but unless we relax the one week conflict avoidance with "Must Avoids" I'm not optimistic.
Ray

Thanks,
--David (ips, imss, rddp WG chair)
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david(_at_)emc(_dot_)com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754