RE: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

2006-05-30 08:17:56

 Our findings of the schedule of other organization's meetings can be
found at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/events.cal.html .

Regarding the ITU-T meetings,
would it be possible to specify the SG involved
rather than cryptically notating "ITU-T".

I think that the only SGs of interest to many IETF'ers are
SG13, SG15, SG16 and SG17 (and maybe a few attendees to SG12).
There are also meetings of the NGN-GSI (run by SG13).
Only full meetings should be noted (there are just too many interim
meetings).
There may also be interesting special meetings
(such as last year's joint meeting of SG13 and IETF management teams).

The meetings in 2006 are as follows:

SG13 and NGN-GSI
2006-01-16  2006-01-27 (past)
2006-07-17  2006-07-28
2006-10-23  2006-11-03

SG15
2006-02-06  2006-02-17 (past)
2006-10-30  2006-11-10          <- not listed

SG16
2006-04-03  2006-04-13 (past)
2006-11-14  2006-11-24

SG17
2006-01-16  2006-01-20 (past)
2006-04-19  2006-04-28 (past)
2006-12-06  2006-12-15

You also list
May 24-June 2  SG4
June 5-13         SG12
July 3-7            TSAG
Sept 18-22        SG5 and 6

I think that TSAG can probably be removed
(Do any of the TSAG members attend IETF meetings?)

The likelihood of SG5 and 6 people (radiation and outside phone wires)
attending IETF is vanishingly small. So I believe that date can be
removed.

I also don't imagine that there are that many co-participants
of SG4 and IETF.

Y(J)S