Re: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

2006-05-23 02:23:54
John,

On May 23, 2006, at 1:09, John C Klensin wrote:
So, from my perspective, that one-week buffer (or at least a
four or five day one exclusive of possible travel time) is
needed if I am to actively participate in two nearly-adjacent
meetings.

I realize people are different. For me - and I guess for Dan - the additional travel time (each intercontinental flight kills a day) and jet lag associated with spaced-out meetings are worse.

  If I were going to one or both meetings just to sit
there, rather than being actively and intensely involved, it
would be different and I'd want the meetings as close together
as possible.

Few of us have the luxury of going to meetings "just to sit there."

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories