Re: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

2006-05-23 08:04:56

Lars Eggert wrote:
On May 23, 2006, at 1:09, John C Klensin wrote:
So, from my perspective, that one-week buffer (or at least a
four or five day one exclusive of possible travel time) is
needed if I am to actively participate in two nearly-adjacent
meetings.

I realize people are different. For me - and I guess for Dan - the additional travel time (each intercontinental flight kills a day) and jet lag associated with spaced-out meetings are worse.

Sounds like a rather straightforward trade-off: Optimize for the bulk of the attendees who must suffer international travel, to attend. Or optimize for the few attendees who are massively invested in extensive IETF work.

To some extent, the resolution of this gives an interesting data point about the current orientation of the IETF.

d/