Re: Last Call: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting Calendar

2006-05-23 02:42:18
--On Tuesday, 23 May, 2006 11:17 +0200 Lars Eggert
<lars(_dot_)eggert(_at_)netlab(_dot_)nec(_dot_)de> wrote:

John,

On May 23, 2006, at 1:09, John C Klensin wrote:
So, from my perspective, that one-week buffer (or at least a
four or five day one exclusive of possible travel time) is
needed if I am to actively participate in two nearly-adjacent
meetings.

I realize people are different. For me - and I guess for Dan -
the  additional travel time (each intercontinental flight
kills a day) and  jet lag associated with spaced-out meetings
are worse.

That is fairly bad for me as well.  For meetings on a different
continent than mine, but spaced out by a week or less, I
seriously consider just staying rather than coming home and
going again.   But I still need a significant break between the
meetings... perhaps it is another sign of the onset of old age.

  If I were going to one or both meetings just to sit
there, rather than being actively and intensely involved, it
would be different and I'd want the meetings as close together
as possible.

Few of us have the luxury of going to meetings "just to sit
there."

I did not intend to attribute that luxury to either of you or
anyone else in particular.

      john