Re: RFC Author Count and IPR

2006-05-24 11:44:56
Sam:

If the people with copyright interest are the combination of the authors plus the contributors, then we need to specify this in a BCP.

Does the RFC Editor have to contact the members of both lists during Auth48? If so, I would suggest that the RFf Editor only needs a positive reply from the authors, but that the contributors only need to respond if they discover a change that is needed.

Russ

At 02:35 PM 5/24/2006, Sam Hartman wrote:

    Russ> Sam: We need a way to track the people that have copyright
    Russ> interest.  I had always assumed this was the author list.
    Russ> If we are going to continue to limit the author count to
    Russ> five people, then there needs to be a place where the people
    Russ> with copyright interest are listed in the document.  This is
    Russ> the reason that I included the techspec mail list on my
    Russ> posting.

I think that's probably authors?+contributors.