RE: IETF-SDO liaison (was Re: The Emperor Has No Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?)

2006-05-30 12:28:52

I think it is our collective responsiblity not to make false claims when
moving our agenda forward.  This is true with any group.

Liaison should not be used for fact checking.  This will create
extra-ordinary work for them. They have better things to do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay Devarapalli
[mailto:vijay(_dot_)devarapalli(_at_)AzaireNet(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:53 PM
To: Avi Lior
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: IETF-SDO liaison (was Re: The Emperor Has No
Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?)

Avi Lior wrote:

The statement regaring GEE and PANA was not made by me but
rather by
your company!  In order to sway support towards EAP over
HRPD, Qualcom
made statements that PANA was dead at the IETF and that GEE will be
standardize at the IETF.

perhaps the IETF should have been consulted through the
3GPP2-IETF liaison?

actually I have seen some not-so-correct claims being made
about IETF protocols in other SDOs too (for e.g.
NETLMM in 3GPP). the SDOs should be making more use of the
liaisons instead of believing individual claims.

Vijay