Re: IETF-SDO liaison

2006-05-30 14:10:25
I suggest that people interested in this topic have a look
at draft-iab-liaison-guidelines-03.txt and send comments to
its author.

    Brian

Thomas Narten wrote:
I think it is our collective responsiblity not to make false claims
when moving our agenda forward.  This is true with any group.

Very much in agreement.

Liaison should not be used for fact checking.

Speaking as a liaison, this sort of fact checking (what is the real
status of WG X or Document Y) is most certainly one of the things I
think is appropriate for a liaison to do.

And I would hope that my answer never differs from the one others are
making...

This will create extra-ordinary work for them.

On the other hand, not consulting them, and having misinformation
propagated can also end up creating (much) more work for the
liaison. Indeed, one of the important reasons for having liaisons is
to facilitate information flow and prevent misinformation and
miscommunication.

Thomas