Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

2006-06-19 10:49:32
On 6/18/06, Julian Reschke <julian(_dot_)reschke(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:
Clement Cherlin schrieb:
> Unicode Box Drawing
>
> ┌────────────────┐
> │ This is a box  │
> ├────────────────┤
> │With another box│
> │   underneath   │
> └────────────────┘

I like that. In fact I like it so much that I did add some machinery to
rfc2629.xslt that helps in producing those (based on existing ASCII line
art). Example at:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#rfc.section.14>

Best regards, Julian

Very nice.  That's a good example of the sorts of diagram that could
be displayed in an easier-to-read manner in an RFC using Unicode.  And
that's only a small sample; there are even more box-drawing
characters, arrows and math symbols available in Unicode.  Charts are
available at <http://www.unicode.org/charts/symbols.html>,
particularly the "Mathematical Symbols" section.