Re: IDs first? RE: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in AdditiontoASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

2006-06-20 16:40:14
Hallam-Baker, Phillip schrieb:
From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]

A standards based, future proof, non proprietary solution
to this problem is to adopt:
  * Use of MHTML as the archive packaging.
  * Use of XHTML 1.0 as the document encoding.
  * Use of a standard IETF defined style sheet.
  * Use of PNG encoding for all images.
I like the idea. But it has to be compatible with software that people already have. How many browsers that people actually use these days support MHTML?

It is supported in IE and Firefox and has been for about five years or so.

Hm. Just for the record: IE does not support XHTML. But of course we could use HTML 4.01 instead.

Re: MHTML: I just tried to open an MHT file created by IE in Firefox, and all it offered was to open it in IE. Pilot error?

Best regards, Julian