Re: draft-IAB-rfc-editor-00: IAB Charter and IAB

2006-06-22 10:30:54

  *>
  *> >>>>> "Bob" == Bob Braden <braden(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU> writes:
  *>
  *>
  *>     Bob>    While the IETF needs to be able to manage its revenue
  *>     Bob> streams against its expense expectations, it also needs to
  *>     Bob> respect the needs of supporting organizations to manage their
  *>     Bob> own affairs.  That is, the text above does not suggest that
  *>     Bob> the IETF should micro-manage the financial affairs of
  *>     Bob> supporting organizations.
  *>
  *> I don't think anyone here is proposing such micro management.  Do you
  *> believe there are such concerns with the draft-iab-rfc-editor either
  *> as it exists today or after the problems I am concerned about are
  *> fixed?  If so, then by all means point them out.
  *>
  *>

Sam,

I must confess that I did not quite understand your concerns (my
fault, I am sure).  Some discussions of the IETF administrative
functions have bordered on micro-management, I believe, but I did
not intend to suggest that you are doing so.  I am always very
wary of quotes out of context, particularly when the
original text was carefully balanced between two opposing poles
but the quoted paragraph supports only one pole.

Bob Braden