Re: draft-IAB-rfc-editor-00: IAB Charter and IAB

2006-06-23 02:41:44
BTW, the IASA has formulated its approach to this balance:
http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/docs/IASA-Tao.pdf
and it certainly doesn't include micro-managing the budget.

   Brian

Sam Hartman wrote:
"Bob" == Bob Braden <braden(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU> writes:

    Bob> I must confess that I did not quite understand your concerns
    Bob> (my fault, I am sure).  Some discussions of the IETF
    Bob> administrative functions have bordered on micro-management, I
    Bob> believe, but I did not intend to suggest that you are doing
    Bob> so.  I am always very wary of quotes out of context,
    Bob> particularly when the original text was carefully balanced
    Bob> between two opposing poles but the quoted paragraph supports
    Bob> only one pole.

Ah, I see.  I view the first paragraph as focused on financial
independence and the second paragraph as focused on governance.  I
didn't seem them as balanced--more as related but addressing different
aspects.  Now, however I do see that there is a balance present and
perhaps I should have included both.