Re: The IETF 66 Attendees Alias

2006-07-11 08:41:33
Please, take the opportunity that you are going to modify the registration
page to remind about the invoices.

In many economies/accounting systems, if you don't have an invoice, you
can't account (legally speaking) the cost of the IETF attendance. I've been
asking for this for more than 3 years already ... Hopefully now is going to
happen !

I've been already in the case where auditors reject it and needed to pay
from my own pocket instead of the company expenses.

I think there is no excuse at all for IETF not doing so. Actually, and this
is not fault, there is not excuse at all for not having done this just right
after the first request 3 years ago or even sooner (if somebody else
requested first).

Regards,
Jordi

De: Ray Pelletier <rpelletier(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org>
Responder a: <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Fecha: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:14:23 -0400
Para: "Gray, Eric" <Eric(_dot_)Gray(_at_)marconi(_dot_)com>
CC: <ahawrylyshen(_at_)ditechcom(_dot_)com>, <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: The IETF 66 Attendees Alias

Gray, Eric wrote:

Ray,

May I make a suggestion for the next time around?

How about if the registration page asks if you want
to be subscribed to this list?

Will do.

As I understood it, this experiment was performed at
the request of people on the ietf discussion mailing list.

Nope.  It was my attempt to provide *useful*, *important* info to
attendees only, and a list to send a meeting survey sometime after the
meeting.  I did not implement it well.

That list is _not_ the appropriate place to talk about
cookie shortages, mail and netowrk problems and issues with
the hotel, _either_.

Since the registration page already has a number of
questions it ask about things we might or might not want to
do.  Why not add one more - and assume the default answer
is "no"?

I like the idea of having a separate list because it
allows me to decide quickly what I can safely ignore most
of the time.

--

Eric