RE: The IETF 66 Attendees Alias

2006-07-12 15:09:59
At 10:08 AM -0700 7/12/06, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

 How about this:

Use the same mailing list. The secretariat marks important messages as important via the header flag customarily used for this purpose.

Set the mailing list to strip out important/urgent flag on messages from anyone else.

This means that my existing email config still works and I don't have to mess with it which would be rather painful given that I have email pagers and other stuff connected through it.

The 'Importance' header may be useful in your environment, but in many others it is useless. I'd much prefer segregation of traffic by 'List-ID' rather than 'Importance'.

--
Randall Gellens