RE: The IETF 66 Attendees Alias

2006-07-11 07:21:18
Ray,

        May I make a suggestion for the next time around?

        How about if the registration page asks if you want
to be subscribed to this list?

        As I understood it, this experiment was performed at
the request of people on the ietf discussion mailing list.
That list is _not_ the appropriate place to talk about
cookie shortages, mail and netowrk problems and issues with
the hotel, _either_.

        Since the registration page already has a number of
questions it ask about things we might or might not want to
do.  Why not add one more - and assume the default answer
is "no"?

        I like the idea of having a separate list because it
allows me to decide quickly what I can safely ignore most
of the time.

--
Eric