Meetings in other regions

2006-07-12 16:39:26
Just to give some extra *valuable* info about my comment in the plenary.

1) Meetings cost money. Doing meetings in Latin America/Caribbean and
Africa, will save a lot of cost to IETF as an organization.

2) There are a few locations in both regions, which have the
facilities+connectivity, and flying there is cheaper than flying to some of
the usual regions (I'm referring to the average participant flying cost).

3) Often, visa requirements for those locations are much lower and
affordable for all that for example North America, so we all will be more
comfortable. I think is much mort important to allow more people to actually
come to the meeting than making sure that it is close to some specific
region.

4) Probably attendance could grow, not just from locals, but also in general
if overall participant cost is lower.

5) There have been already some offers to sponsor meetings there (even if I
believe the sponsorship should be changed from what we have now, but this is
a different topic).

I only see advantages.

Regards,
Jordi

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.