Re: [IAOC] Re: RFC Editor RFP Review Request

2006-07-26 05:57:19

Actually:

        . since the existence of the IASA (last year),
          the ISOC BoT has been asked to support the RFC Editor
          as part of what IASA supports -- IETF *and* IAB (and IRTF).

        . as part of the initial proposal of 2007 budget for IASA,
          to the ISOC BoT, on July 1, 2006, it was proposed
          this model continue.

I.e., ISOC is asked to support IASA.

IASA supports the IAB as well as the IETF.[*]

The IAB asks for support for the RFC Editor.

The IAB has been working through this year to formalize
a proposed framework for answering the questions of "who
controls what under which circumstances".  It started with
the proposed RFC Editor charter in March.  It is now a
14 page Internet-Draft (submitted to the repository yesterday;
should be out RSN:  draft-iab-rfc-editor-01 is the current
version).

[*] This is perhaps a reasonable time to reiterate that
the IAB is, in fact, a separate entity from the IETF organization.

Leslie.