Re: Last Call: 'Atom License Extension' to Experimental RFC (draft-snell-atompub-feed-license)

2006-08-22 08:14:42

Frank Ellermann wrote:
James M Snell wrote:

let me know if this is an improvement

Hard to judge, now that I know what it's supposed to
do it's "obvious"... :-)  I think it's clearer now:

;-)

Jane's feed is "by+nc", the example entry is "by", and
so a commercial service can copy this entry as long as
the author (Jane) is credited.

If that's correct I got it.  Unrelated minor point, you
have "MUST NOT contain more than one with the same
combination of href and type attribute values."

Yes, that's correct.

Is that the same as "more than one license relation with
the same combination of href and type attribute values
is pointless" ?  If yes you could eliminate the MUST NOT.

...or maybe not, I just see that RFC 4287 has a similar
MUST NOT about rel="alternate" (that's even the default
relation), odd.

Yeah, a primary goal of mine is to remain consistent with rfc4287.

- James