Re: Now there seems to be lack of communicaiton here...

2006-09-01 02:20:11
(replying to multiple posts in one)

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
Therefore, I propose the following:

(1) Andrew's decision stands.  Under RFC 3777, the only recourse available
   to anyone who disagrees with that decision would be to ask Andrew to
   reconsider or to file a dispute with the ISOC President.  The former
   has already been done, and so far no reversal has been announced.
   Given that it is now after the close of trading on August 31, I would
   submit that a reversal of this decision by either Andrew or Lynn would
   do more harm than good.

I will refrain from expressing an opinion except to say that it's Andrew's
decision as far as I'm concerned.

Michael StJohns wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm reading an overwhelming consensus NOT to reset from those posting on this list.

I haven't kept count, but I think it's more evenly split (especially since
Jeff's message quoted above).

Eliot Lear wrote:
Mike,

To address Eliot's comment about the volunteer list -

From Andrew's note that triggered all of this I see that he sent the
list of the volunteers to the Secretariat.  If we could have someone
from the Secretariat provide a copy of that email independent of
Andrew and verify it was submitted to them prior to the selection date
that should resolve Eliot's issue.  Eliot?

Yes, that would have resolved my issue nicely.  But I am equally
satisfied with rerunning the selection algorithm.

I believe there were some mail delivery glitches at the Secretariat
on the day in question, so this might not have been completely
straightforward.

John C Klensin wrote:

--On Thursday, 31 August, 2006 09:38 +0200 Brian E Carpenter