IPv6 communication

2006-09-12 07:23:29
Hi,
     We are analyzing for migrating to IPv6. As part of this activity,
we are successful

in scenario A but failing in Scenario B:

Scenario A. Communication between IPv6 client application on dual layer
node and  IPv6 server application on dual layer node[Vista].

Scenario B. Communication between IPv6 Client application on dual layer
and IPv4 server application on IPv4 only node.

We are getting a failed getaddrinfo() in Client application before even
calling the sendto(). In getaddrinfo, we are trying to get the IPv4
compatible IPv6 address(by specifying AF_INET) for the host name of the
server.

Is there a need to use Naming service say DNS?

Regards,
T J Thomas