Re: Last Call: 'Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)' to Proposed Standard (draft-dusseault-caldav)

2006-09-20 08:31:29
Julian,

Everything we were originally planning to take care with notes
to the RFC Editor has been dealt with in draft -15... except
this one. Sorry and thanks for pointing this out again.

We will make sure the RFC Editor changes the text to no longer
make reference to Appendix 4 of RFC 2518.

Thanks,
Bernard

Julian Reschke wrote:
Julian Reschke schrieb:
Bernard Desruisseaux schrieb:
Julian Reschke wrote:

With respect to draft 14, I notice that the reference to RFC2518bis has been downgraded to RFC2518 (which I don't object to), but that references *into* RFC2518 now use broken section numbers (as they haven't been updated accordingly).

Hi Julian,

I'm sorry but all references into RFC2518 have been updated accordingly
as far I can tell. Am I missing something?

1) In <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-14.html#rfc.section.1.2>, you don't want to refer to Appendix 4 of RFC2518 as the WG consensus is that this appendix is incorrect, and for that reason it was removed in RFC2518bis.

This problem is still present in the new draft (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-dusseault-caldav-15.html#rfc.section.1.2>).

Best regards, Julian