Re: As Promised, an attempt at 2026bis

2006-10-03 04:16:52
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 01:00:14PM +0200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

If that's indeed the case, the first order of business needs to
be to document current practice. I see no chance of making
forward progress on actual changes without first having a
consensus as to what our current state is.

Brian Carpenter has written draft-carpenter-rfc2026-critique-02.txt
which does exactly that, and he has repeatedly solicited comments on
it.  If you think that it would be helpful to have it published as
an informational RFC before undertaking to make normative changes
to our standards procedures, please say so.

Thanks for the plug, Mike :-)

Quite seriously - am I to conclude from the absence of comments
on that draft that everyone agrees that it correctly describes
current practice? If so, I'll look for an AD to sponsor it.

        silence is NOT consent.  Its silence.
        to be SURE, i'd wait till you had actually
        expressions of support.  but, i'm not you am i? :)

--bill

   Brian