Re: As Promised, an attempt at 2026bis

2006-10-03 08:24:17
John,

Or, perhaps I'm completely wrong about the sense of the
community.  But I would suggest and ask that, before any more of
these documents are pushed or Last Called, you try to determine
the degree to which the community just does not want to deal
with these issues for a while.

As said in my note sent on 2006-08-10, my conclusion after Montreal
was essentially the same as yours:

1.1. There is insufficient pressure and energy in the community
to justify the effort of reaching consensus on formal changes
to the standards process at this time.

My intention is to use the current list discussion to confirm
or refute this conclusion.

    Brian