Re: WG Review: Recharter of Internet Emergency Preparedness (ieprep)

2006-11-16 00:46:09
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Fred Baker wrote:
We also specifically addressed their requirements (in tsvwg) operationally:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4594.txt
4594 Configuration Guidelines for DiffServ Service Classes. J.
    Babiarz, K. Chan, F. Baker. August 2006. (Format: TXT=144044 bytes)

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr
 "Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes", Kwok Ho Chan, 22-Oct-06
and
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baker-tsvwg-admitted-voice-dscp
 "An EF DSCP for Capacity-Admitted Traffic", Fred Baker, 6-Oct-06

The last two are in last call and in discussion in tsvwg respectively.

All of these documents are, or are aimed at Informational.  I do not
see how those could define DSCP codepoints or behaviour -- doing so
requires Standards Action and certain codepoint pools are reserved for
local/private use (which specifying them is not).  I wonder how wide
IETF or operator consensus is behind this work.