RE: WG Review: Recharter of Internet Emergency Preparedness (ieprep)

2006-12-01 12:11:33
Janet, See inline, Cheers, Martin

Janet wrote:
The mis-perception that the WG is focused on "precedence and preemption"
is, unfortunately, reinforced by the list of milestones, which focus on
the
"military" environment.

I would also, as an individual,  favor modification to the list of
milestones to include milestones that are clearly not associated with
"precedence and preemption".

MCD>> The main authors have a certain focus in their writing, but this
can be moderated with input from others (e.g., those representing the
ETS community, as an example). For this to occur though, the environment
for providing input needs to be a bit more "friendly" (for lack of a
better term).
In addition, as I stated earlier on this topic there is not one forum
that can address all of the industries needs. There is a place for the
IETF, ATIS and the ITU, and we should avoid "forum bashing", as it leads
us no where.

Cheers,

Martin