Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security (Integrity, privacy and security in OPES for SMTP) to Informational RFC

2007-01-10 18:13:45

Ted Hardie wrote:
At 4:59 PM +0100 1/10/07, Eliot Lear wrote:
The reason I'm concerned is that any form of OPES might invalidate a DKIM
signature.  What can we say in a DKIM sense about OPES trace information?

Do you mean, should a DKIM server sign OPES trace information?

Maybe one of you, or someone else, can help me out of some rather basic
confusion confusion.

The OPES SMTP draft uses language much like Ted's, here ("OPES trace
information".)

It is in the nature of a reference to details within a specification, with
normative protocol details, precise data definitions, etc.  Yet I can't find
such a specification.  The cited OPES documents either are generic about the
concept and its implications, or refer to HTTP details.

And so, for example, within the email architecture, I am not yet understanding
which components qualify as being "OPES systems" and which don't.  Equally I
seem to be entirely missing what insight or guidance is intended here.

As for trace information, are all Received headers "OPES" information?  If so,
why?  If not, why?

And so on...

Help?

d/