Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security (Integrity, privacy and security in OPES for SMTP) to Informational RFC

2007-01-10 09:02:36
Hi Ted,

I don't think adding explicit interactions with DKIM is appropriate for this
document,
which is a high-level informational document on the set of problems of adapting
OPES (developed in a bidirectional model) to SMTP, which has very different
usage.

The reason I'm concerned is that any form of OPES might invalidate a DKIM signature. What can we say in a DKIM sense about OPES trace information? In addition, an OPES server might choose to resign a message with DKIM. However, we in the DKIM group wouldn't at this point know what to do with that. But it might be a consideration for SSP as an authorized third party signature. Anyway, my point is that there are considerations here that have not been thought out (at least not by me ;-).

Eliot