Re: Last Call: draft-klensin-norm-ref (Handling Normative References for Standards Track Documents) to BCP

2007-02-25 22:32:53
On 2/24/07, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:
I think there's a good split between RFC 3967 and this document.
RFC 3967 will cover informational documents; this document will cover
standards track.

I have to admit that when I was reading this document I was confused
by section 4; I thought for a while that the draft-klensin-norm-ref
rules could be applied to informational references, but then the first
paragraph of section 5 says it can't.  It took me a while to
understand that section 4 actually refers to annotating downrefs
approved under the existing rules.

 Bill