Re: Last call comments about draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07

2007-03-02 08:27:46
Hi, Pasi,

On your second point - While the IETF is not a particularly academic environment, it may also be appropriate to encourage the citation of prior art that would move the marker for "inventions" back nearly 10 years... in a place where we can find it in ten MORE years.

Thanks,

Spencer

From: <Pasi(_dot_)Eronen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 8:08 AM
Subject: Last call comments about draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07

2) If this was published in a more academic environment, it would be
proper (and required) to cite related work, tracing the source of
ideas that were not entirely new. We don't usually have extensive
citations in RFCs, but in this context, perhaps it would be
appropriate to mention the previous proposal for sending ACs in TLS
(draft-ietf-tls-attr-cert from 1998) in the Acknowledgements section.