DNS role (RE: NATs as firewalls, cryptography, and curbing DDoS threats.)

2007-03-07 16:04:04
Here I was thinking that the DNS needs to be an useful name lookup service for the Internet to function, and now PHB tells me it's a signalling layer.

Either I have seriously misunderstood the nature of "signalling", seriously misunderstood the nature of the DNS, or I have reason to dislike this term.

*shudder*.

           Harald