Re: Prague

2007-03-07 17:00:44
Ole,
Just to add to Dave's comments: The information provided needs to be
based on "reality" rather than hyperbole. A bunch of us just returned
from Bali which according to the US State Department is a place you
should not even think about visiting, and required Senior VP approval
to go. Yet, I am sure none of us ever felt in the slightest bit of
danger.

Right.

Everyone: the IETF is an international organization with participants
around the globe. It is natural that we go to different places. Sometimes
you have to go far, sometimes close. I think we should expect ourselves
to be able to travel to different parts of the developed world, including
places like major cities in EU, North America, or Asia. All of them will
be slightly different, so its good to get some advise about the local
conditions beforehand. But there will be some issues everywhere, be
it pickpockets, taxi drivers, traffic dangers, murder rate in the bad
neighborhoods, heat, cold, or boredom. Get over it. I think we should
boldly go where no IETF has gone before (but millions of other people
have, safely).

Jari