Re: Prague

2007-03-07 09:59:04

--On Wednesday, 07 March, 2007 10:54 -0500 Edward Lewis
<Ed(_dot_)Lewis(_at_)neustar(_dot_)biz> wrote:

I will attest to Prague being survivable.  I have been there
once already and suffered no ill effects and was not robbed.
I.e., don't panic.

Location for location, the IETF (only) goes to the tamest and
most accessible places in the world.  Compare it to other
Internet organizations.

At 14:52 -0500 3/6/07...:
Under the entry for taxis from the airport they say "Warning:
Prague's taxi drivers ...

Ed,

I have not suggested "don't go to Prague", and certainly don't
want to set off a panic -- any more than I would have suggested
avoiding Paris.   I am just suggesting that the IASA apparatus,
including the Secretariat and the IAD, should be taking a little
more responsibility for both the decisions and for informing the
community about good and bad alternatives than has been the case
here... and, in the longer term, for making sure that all of
these issues are considered as part of the decision.

       john