Re: Prague

2007-03-07 23:49:41

On Mar 7, 2007, at 7:58 AM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

the taxi's are ... unregulated. I would suggest that IETFers never take a cab on the street. You may pay 50 Euros to go 1 km. Get the hotel, store, restaurant, whatever, where you are to order you a cab, and you won't have problems. This is true even if there are cabs waiting just outside where you are

I'd actually take that one step further. You will need to get between the hotel and the airport, and that may require a cab. With any luck, we will have sandwiches on sale for lunch. For dinner, the Hilton is at one end of a beautiful walking city, and one can walk to quite a number of good restaurants in under half an hour. I'd take advantage of the opportunity.