RFC certification organization...

2007-03-25 06:25:12
Hi to all,

At the SAAG meeting on Friday question has been raised about some
provider of mail server software that violates certain rfcs. I don't
know which one, but this is not important. Also, on the RRG meeting in
saturday a provider has been mentioned that deaggregates it's network
because of "security" gains. Probably there are other, not so drastic,
examples of abuse of the work done by IETF.

All that made me question myself, why there is no something like WiFi
alliance that certifies products to be compliant with RFC's? This
organization (or whatever) can also "certify" ISPs to comply with best
practices etc. something like ISO does with ISO9001. It could also
prohibit use of IETF sign and/or compliance claims in cases of (severe)
violations. Finally, the money earned could be fed to ISOC, and to the
IETF for it's expenses.

Maybe topic has been discussed already on this list and/or maybe it's
pointless and/or maybe it's for some other list, but I had to try
anyway... So, please be gentle. :)

Stjepan Gros