Re: In support of symbolic references

2007-04-05 14:42:46

  *>
  *> That makes sense, but I believe the default for the xml2rfc tool is to
  *> produce numeric references.  Does xml2rfc support symbolic references?
  *> If the defaults in xml2rfc is changed to symbolic references, I think
  *> we'd see that a lot of documents would adopt the new approach.
  *>
  *> /Simon

The RFC Editor strongly recommends (and has been strongly recommending
for some years now) that only symbolic references be used in RFCs.

How come xml2rfc defaults to numeric references, and what will it
take to get that fixed?

Bob Braden

  *>
  *> Ietf mailing list