Re: [Geopriv] Irregularities with the GEOPRIV Meeting at IETF 68

2007-04-18 16:29:20
While any procedure is subject to abuse, the behaviors described by the RAI ADs, and described by Sam below, are both acceptable and appropriate. They are sometimes even necessary. To tell the ADs that they can not talk to some of the active participants in a working group in order to figure out how to get the group unstuck is madness.

If the face-to-face meeting were able to make a binding decision, and if the working group in the room was not given the chance to decide whether to accept the agenda change, and if all sorts of other conditions that did not occur had occurred, then maybe there would be a problem.

Frankly, the ADs did their job. The chairs should now determine if the conclusions reached in Prague are teh agreement of the WG on the WG email list.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern