RE: [ietf-dkim] Re: Use of LWSP in ABNF -- consensus call

2007-05-15 12:35:44
Add a warning note

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications
404-847-6397
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
ned+dkim(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:03 PM
To: Tony Hansen
ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: [ietf-dkim] Re: Use of LWSP in ABNF -- consensus call

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
I share your concerns about removing rules that are already in use
--
that would generally be a bad thing.  However I'm interested in the
consensus around whether a warning or a deprecation statement would

LWSP has a valid meaning and use, and its being misapplied somewhere
doesn't make that meaning and usage invalid. I could see a note being
added. However, anything more than that is totally inappropriate.

Full agreement with Tony here.

                                Ned