Re: consensus and anonymity

2007-05-31 12:11:56
Excellent point about the disconnect between meeting room hums and opinions on the lists.

But, I wonder why anonymity is an important requirement. The mailing list verification has at least two properties that are more important to the IETF: the archives provide for anyone to be able to verify the consensus independent of the IETF hierarchy (chairs, ADs and whoever); further the archives provide a means to verify the consistency of any IETF participant, chairs or ADs at any given moment, candidates for WG chair and I* positions, and anyone in general.

The IETF should be more transparent and allow at least a distributed verification process and not a centralized hierarchical process.

Lakshminath