Re: consensus and anonymity

2007-05-31 13:10:44
If our consensus process is not independently and openly verifiable, we
might as well close shop!

a hum in a WG meeting is subject to the perceptions of the people
in the room

but its not clear that a fully verifiable process is needed since we
specifically try to do rough consensus not majority vote - all we
need to be able to verify is that "most" people support a path
- if a proposal gets blocked by a secret whisper in the ear of
the WG chair then things are very broken indeed

if the result of a secret whisper results in the chair brings up
topics for public discussion I'm not all that worried

Scott